Narození Počátky (Chotěboř) 1802

Archiv vyřešených příspěvků. Prosíme již neoživovat.

Narození Počátky (Chotěboř) 1802

Příspěvekod MattH » úte bře 26, 2019 15:15

Hi!
I need some help deciphering this record (see attached image) to verify that it is the birth record of someone I am researching whose name is František Šecl. It looks like this could be his birth record, but the surname looks like it's spelt Shetzl.
I would also like some assistance with deciphering the names of his parents and grandparents. Here is what I can see:

Date of birth: 3 Oct (1802)
Date of christening: 4 Oct (1802)
House number: 18
Name: Frantissek (František)
Father: Tomas ___?___ (son of Waclaw and Magdalena ____?____)
Mother: Magdalena Poliwková (daughter of Matěj? and Magdalena ____?_____)

Than you in advance for the help!
Přílohy
Secl possible birth.jpg
MattH

Re: Narození Počátky (Chotěboř) 1802

Příspěvekod filmovymaniak » úte bře 26, 2019 15:46

Dobrý den,

Name: Frantissek (František)
Father: Ssetzl Tomas sedlák Waclawa a Magdaleny Plesskačowi_syn__?___ (son of Waclaw and Magdalena ____?____)
Mother: Magdalena Poliwková Matieje a Magdaleny ?Tičkowi cera(daughter of Matěj? and Magdalena ____?_____)
filmovymaniak

Příspěvekod Radix » úte bře 26, 2019 15:48

Fickowj cera
Radix

Příspěvekod JosefJ. » úte bře 26, 2019 15:53

MattH píše:Father: Ssetzl Tomas sedlak, Waclawa a Magdaleny Plesskačowj syn(=~ farmer, son of Waclaw and Magdalena ...)
Mother: Magdalena Poliwková, Matiege a Magdaleny Fičkowj cera (= daughter of Matěj and Magdalena ...)

I see that I nearly repeat other fresh answer.
JosefJ.

Oblast pátrání: Střední a dolní Povltaví, Polabí, Podkrkonoší a Sudety od Děčínska po Krnovsko (resp. celé severovýchodní Čechy, Kladsko, Nisko, Svídnicko), české báňské oblasti (Příbramsko, Brdy, Rokycansko, Plzeňsko, Vožicko, Kladensko), Netolicko, Halič; Ždánický les

Příspěvekod MattH » úte bře 26, 2019 16:15

Thank you! Would you then say that Ssetzl and Šecl would be the same or would they be different surnames? It seems like this record was written half in German and Czech and the person keeping the record did his best to spell the name. But, if they are different, then I may not have the person I am looking for.
----
Děkuji! Řekl byste pak, že Ssetzl a Šecl by byli stejní nebo by to byli různá příjmení? Vypadá to, že tento záznam byl napsán napůl v němčině a češtině a ten, kdo vedl rekord, se snažil toto jméno vyslovit nejlépe. Ale pokud jsou jiné, pak nemusím mít osobu, kterou hledám.
MattH

Příspěvekod filmovymaniak » úte bře 26, 2019 16:25

Sedí Vám čísla popisná?
Pokud existuje pro tuto matriku a obec novější index dá se to odvodit z toho.
filmovymaniak

Příspěvekod JosefJ. » úte bře 26, 2019 16:35

MattH píše:Ssetzl and Šecl would be the same or would they be different surnames?

It is definitely the same surname. However, it does not guarantee that the family is the same.
The written form of surnames became to be fixed in the second half of 19th century.
The š letter was commonly written also as ss or sch, and the Czech c as cz or tz.
JosefJ.

Oblast pátrání: Střední a dolní Povltaví, Polabí, Podkrkonoší a Sudety od Děčínska po Krnovsko (resp. celé severovýchodní Čechy, Kladsko, Nisko, Svídnicko), české báňské oblasti (Příbramsko, Brdy, Rokycansko, Plzeňsko, Vožicko, Kladensko), Netolicko, Halič; Ždánický les

Příspěvekod MattH » úte bře 26, 2019 16:41

I may have just figured this out, but this information comes from this record in the Zamrsk archive PDF:

1053 sign. 2929 matrika N 1785-1863 ukn 1053
územní rozsah: Počátky
22,5x35,5 cm, vazba: plátěná, 92 fol., čeština, němčina
mikrofilm č. 976
This record is located on image 14 on the file.

According to the record I just attached (birth of Josefa Secl--daughter of Frantisek Secl and Anna Janecek), it says that Tomas (Frantisek's father) was from Počátky N. 18, which is the same house from my first message.

So, I think this mystery has been solved!

One final question I have is: what would be the correct spelling of the surname? Šecl?
Přílohy
Josefa Secl birth.jpg
MattH

Příspěvekod JosefJ. » úte bře 26, 2019 17:25

MattH píše:what would be the correct spelling of the surname? Šecl?

I would say that most descendants of that family carrying this surname in Czech speaking regions use the form Šecl. As to about 1800, none of spellings was (in my opinion) declared as correct. Everybody wrote it according his own preferences.
JosefJ.

Příspěvekod MattH » úte bře 26, 2019 18:23

Thank you for clarifying that for me. If you have a minute, could you give me the modern Czech equivalent for the grandmothers' surname, please?
From the record, they are:
Plesskačowj
Fičkowj
I tried looking them up online and came up with Pleskačova (or Pleskač) and Fičková (or Fičk). Would that be generally correct?
MattH

Příspěvekod JosefJ. » úte bře 26, 2019 18:52

With these questions, we should move to Příjmení forum. Nevertheless:
Pleskač (Pleskačová) is quite common.
I have not met the Fičk surname; I thing Fick or Ficek are the most common similar ones (fem. Fičková), or possibly Fiček. For next similar questions going behind old records reading, you might consider choice of a more appropriate forum.
JosefJ.

Příspěvekod MilanVi » stř bře 27, 2019 21:31

Hi my "relative"! :D

We have some common ancestors - as František Šecl is my grand-grand-grand-father

Here is what I have about him and his ancestors:
Obrázek
(I can of course send details directly to you). My mother is daugher of Bohumila Polnická - daughter of Anna Filomena Šeclová - daughter of František Šecl - son of František Šecl.

Nice to meet you!
Milan
MilanVi

Příspěvekod MilanVi » stř bře 27, 2019 21:42

Anod one more picture:
Obrázek
Milan
MilanVi

Příspěvekod seclr » stř črc 31, 2019 13:34

Hi, i can confirm your record of Frantisek Secl (March 10, 1802 in Pocatky n. 18) is a memeber of Secl clan. His wife was Anna Janeckova (February 4, 1804). Frantisek parents: Tomas Secl (December 12, 1780 in Pocatky n. 18) and Magdalena Polivkova (April 4, 1781). Parents of Thomas Secl are Vaclav Secl and Magdalena Pleskacova. Vaclav wasn't born in Pocatky, he came to Pocatky after 1773 most likely from Svinny (near by town Chotebor). You will not be able to go further with research for surname Secl due to missing records for Pocatky, Klouzovy, Svinny, Chotebor etc. All of them were destroyed by large fire in town Chotebor (oldest records goes 1788). If you need more info feel free to contact me (in Czech or English).
seclr

Zpět na VYŘEŠENO