Otázka Městských adresářů

Kdo co neví a chtěl by vědět, může sem napsat a doufat, že mu někdo odpoví.

Otázka Městských adresářů

Příspěvekod MattH » úte pro 27, 2022 19:20

Ahoj,

Snažím se najít informace týkající se existence jakýchkoli městských adresářů dostupných pro prohlížení online z let 1800 a 1900. Konkrétně se zaměřuji na oblasti kolem měst Vepřikov, Vážany nad Litavou a Osek.

Jakákoli pomoc nebo pokyny týkající se tohoto budou nejvíce oceněny!
MattH

Re: Otázka Městských adresářů

Příspěvekod zeter » čtv pro 29, 2022 11:39

Well, address books before 1900 were not that common and I would be really surprised if any existed but for a couple of the very largest cities. Also these older lists usually only contain people of at least some social status, but the criteria may vary. There are also so called schematisms (sg. schematismus, the proper plural probably schematismi :-) ) listing the official figures and other people of importance. Some of these are quite old, but only useful when you are looking for someone high up the ladder.
The address books and schematisms can usually be found in various digital portals of various central or regional libraries - https://www.digitalniknihovna.cz/ e.g. https://www.digitalniknihovna.cz/mzk for Brno - look for Adressbuch, Adresář, Wohnungsanzeiger. But keep your expectations low.
Older schematisms are also listed here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57593&p=268987&hilit=schematismus#p268987 (thanks to the forum member Sil who put the links together).
zeter

Re: Otázka Městských adresářů

Příspěvekod MattH » čtv pro 29, 2022 20:54

Thanks for your answer. I've lost a family I'm researching from the years 1904-1924 and am trying to find their whereabouts and was hoping this would have been a good method. I did find an directory for the Osek area in the timeframe I'm researching, but, like you mentioned, it seemed to list only those with some social status. So, back to the drawing board as they say!
MattH

Zpět na Otázky a odpovědi